Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Mothers day!

So I've been really stressed lately having two kids now. With Mike being gone all the time I just havent had time to have some "me" time and thats pretty much ever since Kadee was born. Anyway a couple of days ago I just started to literally have a melt down which i think stems from a bit of post partum depression, so Mike came home from school early, took the girls, made an appt for me to get a massage and told me not to come home all day. It was nice but I was really bored and the massage i got didnt feel too good I think she actually gave me bruises. I walked around the mall in a desperate attempt to find a pair of jeans, I think I went to every store that sold jeans and seriously absolutely every store I went to had those skinny jeans that dont look good on anybody and then a couple of regular pairs that were ugly. So lets just say i was pretty frustrated. So i go home and walk in the door and look around expecting to find a disaster zone but it was almost as if i saw sparkles on the walls and counter. Everywhere i turn in my house I could smile and relax, it was like a ginormous weight came off my shoulders and I was able to breathe. Mike had cleaned the house top to bottom, done all the laundry, did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned out our closet, cleaned our laundry room and took care of the girls. To top the rest of that he gave me anothe back massage which kicked the massage girls butt! He took care of Kloe that night so I could sleep and then saturday I didnt have to do a thing. Sunday I woke up to breakfast in bed which was great and got some beautiful flowers and a cute card. He took care of everything so i didnt have to do anything. He made a great dinner, He made bbq steak and bbq chicken with baked potatos that werent so baked. they were in the oven for 2 hours and still werent done. He made a wonderful 2 layer cake with a cream cheese filling and chocolate frosting then decorated the top with the rest of the cream cheese icing. He sang Happy Mothers day to me and i got to blow out 2 candles since ive been a mom for 2 years. It was really cute! I had a great weekend which really helped me a lot. Mike was really great, I Love Him!

6 comments:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

What a great Mother's Day! A clean house that you didn't have to clean trumps a great pair of pants anyday in my book! I love your pictures!!

Groovy Gardners said...

NO Fair!!! just kidding. you deserve a break ore than anyone i know!!! that ia so cool that mike did all that nice stuff for you!. my mother's day was pretty much like every other day. but i did get a card that sings!!! :)

Unknown said...

Jess! Welcome to the world of blogging! I am so excited to keep up with your cute family this way! If you ever need a break spot to crash between Utah and Oregon, let me know! Caldwell is a great place if you can stand the cow smell!

Manda said...

Jess, I'm so excited you started a blog! I totally sucked at facebook, so I'm really glad! Your girls are so cute, Kadee looks just like you! And Kloe is adorable too. Let us know when you're back in Oregon, and we can hang out! I think Kadee and Katie need to meet each other!

The McBride Family said...

WOO HOO!!!! Keep updating your blog I LOVE reading them!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of the family!!! Sounds like you have one awesome hubby and I hear you on no break with 2 kids!! It IS so crazy that both our girls are the SAME age!!!! That's awesome that Mike is getting comissioned soon!!! Glad you guys are doing well!! I will be checking in here often!!!

Millers! said...

What a nice husband! I also got a massage for mothers day but I havent used it yet.. not for another few weeks, they are booked.. cRAZY! your girls are so beautiful, I cant believe how big Kadee is..and I think Kloe looks alittle like you... I dont think she looks like Mike as much as Kadee does! glad you are doing better, it does get easier... trust me... 3 in 3.5 years... TOO MUCH..but it does get easier!