Thursday, August 20, 2009

a FIRST for us all










FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!

So today was Kadees very first day of school ever and since she is our first child it was the very first day of school for Mike and I. Mike got back from the 10 days of being in the field yesterday so I was SO EXCITED that he got to be her for a milestone. We sat down with her last night and talked to her about what to expect at school and what she needed to do if she needed to go potty and that we dont go to school to hit or bite and that she needs to always share and listen to her teacher. I was nervous because Kadee definitely has a mind of her own and most of the time always does her own thing regardless of who is around, i mean shes really social and LOVES to be around other kids but if they are doing something she doesnt want to do she will go off and play by herself, which is a lot of the time. Ms. Rowe her teacher said she did really well, she blended well with all the other kids and had no problems. I was relieved! Kadee practically kicked us out of the classroom when we dropped her off, some of the other kids were hanging around their parents but kadee ran off and said bye. That was it and I had 3 hours to do whatever, i didnt know what to do with myself, I only had one child with me and and extremely easy child at that. I think Kloe really liked having one on one time with mommy, she loves her sister but she also loves her mommy!

3 comments:

The Simmons Bunch said...

Oh my goodness! She's so dang cute! I can only imagine what it will be like when I get to send Isaac off to school! I can't believe how fast time flies!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

How fun!! I'm glad it wasn't traumatic for her. Enjoy your three hours!!

Clark and Kristen Daniels said...

What a diva I love it! I can't believe she is old enough to start school!