Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mike update

So I waited ALL DAY yesterday for a phone call from him wondering if he passed or not. I was even afraid to take a shower on the off chance I would miss the call. Finally at 7:45pm I got the call.

HE PASSED!!!!!!!

He passed the mtn phase and is very exhausted and tired. They were getting around 15 minutes of sleep every night, repelling down cliffs in pitch black at night, hallucinating due to lack of sleep, and just all around tore up. Mike has cellulitis in both knees, trench foot on both feet and his hands are cut up to the point that when he puts them in fists they all open and bleed. he is very glad to be done with the mountains and move on to Florida. He has 2 weeks left of the course and 3 weeks left overall. He needs to pass one patrol to graduate so I have high high hopes!
Keep him in your prayers! thanks

5 comments:

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Congrats to Mike. That is some hard core training. Yikes!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Wow. Way to go Mike!! Send him gloves and vaseline. Although, it doesn't sound like he'll have enough time for the combo to do him any good. We'll keep him in our prayers!

Sarah Peterson said...

yikes! I can't believe what he has to go through. I am so glad for the both of you he passed. I hope he can finish up the rest easily! You guys need him home- so I will pray he passes the rest of his stuff!

The Simmons Bunch said...

Yea I'm so glad that he passed the Mountain phase! That's just one step closer! Hang in there only a few more weeks left!

Groovy Gardners said...

That sounds so hard, i wouldn't even last 15 seconds of all of that stuff! I'm so glad you got to hear from him. We are definatly keeping our fingers crossed for the florida phase!