Thursday, July 31, 2008

One Week, Sleep walking and a baby tooth

So I'm really excited I have one week left till I get to see my wonderful Husband. As much as I hate these separations from each other they sometimes are good for us. They make us realize how important we are to each other and we miss each other like crazy. I know everyone has days where your spouse just drives you CRAZY, you love them but you just need alone time. Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way but I honestly think that's normal. Don't get me wrong Mike and I are more in love than ever but when your life is so stressful sometimes you need reminders to keep you on track. I think I just made this sound like Mike and I hate each other which isn't the case at all. Mike and I are a perfect match, we get each other, we help each other be better people. Things have been rough the last year and a half for us. We were married for only a year and had a new baby when he left for Iraq. While he was away our love grew beyond measure (I know it sounds corny), but when you are married for a year, yes you love each other but several years later you look back and realize how much your love has grown so it seems like not a lot to you then. Anyway imagine being away from that person for a year and only being able to talk to them on the phone and through e-mail, you learn so much more than you would being next to that person. Mike and I learned so much from our phone conversations and the many love letters but there is only so much growing together you can do. Mike and I were still immature, we were young but we were growing up together. Our year of separation made me grow up very quickly, I had to, I had a new baby and I was over seas away from any family. I became a strong independent person who got things done, I was not that person when Mike left, not even close. I definitely think I am a better person now and grateful for the deployment because who knows how long it would have taken me to grow up. While Mike was gone he too changed a lot so when we were finally together again it was almost as if we were strangers in a way. We were both different people and we had to re-learn about each other, its been a long confusing journey but we are so much stronger today and we are doing so well! Mike and I are married for Eternity and there is NO going back for us, we had to make it work. We have improved so much with our communication and that is why we are here today standing so strong knowing we can get through ANYTHING life throws at us and being in the military I know we will have some interesting yet very challenging things flying down our path. Funny thing is I wouldn't want it any other way, I love my life, it is NEVER the same. We get to travel the world(something I never thought I would ever do) meet important people and live an over all exciting life!

So several months ago while we still lived in Utah Kadee started sleep walking. It wasn't that bad until we got to Oregon. I know sleep walking isn't supposed to be dangerous but lately it's starting to get that way. There are nights when I wake up to check on her and she is in the closet and one night I couldn't find her at all, she was underneath my bed all I saw was her feet barely sticking out. Some nights she goes downstairs, which scares me because she knows how to unlock the front door and I'm afraid for that one night that I don't hear her get up she will end up outside hit by a car or taken. Lately she's been climbing into Kloe's crib which is so dangerous, I haven't been sleeping at all because I am so paranoid that something bad is going to happen. Last night I slept on the floor in front of our door if that tells you anything. She kept getting up trying to leave, all I could do when she did that was lead her back to bed. When it first started to happen in Utah I didn't realize what was going on, every time I would talk to her when she got up she never answered me or even acknowledged I was talking to her, her eyes were glazed over and she was just strange kinda like a little zombie. I know coming to Oregon has a lot to do with her being in a different place but she keeps getting worse and I don't know what to do.

So enough with that and on to Kloe. My little baby is growing up way too fast, she got her first tooth last Friday. That stupid tooth took away her newborn innocence and now she's just a full fledged baby. She's at such a fun age right now, always smiling and giggling and loves to eat her feet. She's not interested in rolling and always wants to sit up so she can see everything.

So one more week of being a single mom and then we get to go see Mike commission. That means he becomes an Officer, it's a huge thing, something we have been working toward for a long time! The girls and I got special outfits to wear so we can look good for him. I'm so excited to be with him again! I will put up pics of the event when we come back!

12 comments:

Karen K. said...

Scary about the front door! Have your dad put one of those latch things near the top (so she can't reach) and just flip it at night. Even if she gets the door unlocked she won't be able to open it. I'd tell you what they're called but I don't know! I don't think they'd keep people out very well but I would imagine they'd help keep a little 3-year old IN. Good luck! Oh, and I saw the outfits at Gymboree that you and your mom were talking about. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Hayley Baum said...

hang in there! Our menfolk are ALMOST HOME!!!!

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Congratulations to you and Mike.
Regarding the sleep walking; Makyra's window is really low to the ground, enough that she could climb out of it if she wanted to (it's on the second story). So we bought a little alarm and put it at the top of the window. When the magnets on the alarm are connected then it just sits there, but if they are seperated (she opens the window) then it goes off. It is quite loud, but maybe you could find one that is not so loud. Then if she tries to leave her room you will know.
I admire you for your strength to be away from your husband and still be able to take care of your daughters. It must be very difficult.

Blair and Leslie said...

I am excited that soon you will get to see your husband. I don't know how you do it. I was going to suggest the same latch that Karen did, but I guess I don't have to.

Conforti Family said...

We have that latch, the couch is next to the door so she climbs on the couch and unlatches it. Even if we moved the couch she would just pull a chair over.

Lanette said...

Hey Jessica! That is way scary about the front door! I hope you figure something out--I wish I had suggestions. I'm really glad I found your blog--you've got some good stuff here--I can't imagine being away from my husband for long periods of time--but it's definitely made you stronger. I'm excited for you guys to be reunited. I hope you get some sleep and that everything is going well for you and your beautiful family!

Unknown said...

That's so neat that you've been able to move around so much, ecspecially overseas Jess! I know it comes with a price and I'm happy that you get to see your hubby soon! I'm sure you really learn to appreciate the little things much more!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Wow...so much is happening for you!! That's great that you get experience reaching that milestone after so much hard work! That's what Ryan is working for too, but it seems like so far away since he didn't have any school under his belt when we got out of active duty. But one year of school nonstop is done!

YAY for Mike commissioning!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

P.S. I totally know what you mean about the reminders. I didn't think it sounded like you guys hated each other at all! :)

Roxy said...

WOW!!! You have grown into such a beautiful woman. Inside and out. I think we all could learn a few lessons from you.

About the front door. Tanner likes to go play in the street and he just gets a chair and flips the latch so at Ross I found door alarms. So if he gets the door opened at least we hear him.

Love ya and Congradulations to your hubby

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Can we see Lt. Conforti with his beautiful girls??

Oreste said...

Hello Conforti Family, a salute from Rome. Ciao