Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lieutenant Conforti

Yes I'm going to brag my husband is the best!!! Seriously he was ranked #1 in his regiment this summer, there were 300-400 guys and gals in his regiment. So YES he did AWESOME!! He commissioned on 8-8-08 at 8am which I think is pretty cool! The ceremony was really neat, they had the band playing and had cannons shooting, it was a spectacular show!! Mike got tons of awards, he even got a saber which is a sword because he was ranked #1, and he got lots of coins from Generals. I got to pin on his bars which was really neat, I think the coolest thing was all the family we had there. My parents and my brothers were there his parents and 2 of his sisters and his Uncle and 4 kids were also there, Doug Miller a friend from our old base in Germany also showed up to show his support( it was really great to see him!). The cool thing is none of them have ever really been on a military base so seeing all the action was very very impressive. It was an emotional and long awaited day and then it was over in an instant. It's great to have Mike back home with us, we still don't know his job or duty station, we will find out in the middle of September sometime. So we've been back for over a week but we have all been so sick that I'm just barely getting this on.

Introducing 2nd Lieutenant Michael Ammon Conforti and his family
This was the awards table, that is his saber in the back and his certificate and coins are in the upper right hand corner
Little Miss Kloe
Kadee
Mike getting to see Kadee after a month and she was asleep (probably because she was boogying to the band music)
Mike up in front to receive his many awards!
Yes that is my Handsome husband in his uniform
Taking his oath
Me pinning his bars on
and finally he is a 2nd Lieutenant

9 comments:

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

Yea!! How exciting. Congratualtions to you both, because I think that when you're a wife in the military it's just as much your acheivement as his.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. Congratulations Mike. Congratulations to you Jessica for having you husband home. Your family is so cute.

Carly and Tyler said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now onto the next chapter for you guys, right? Jessica-I'm happy you have your husband back :) That's gotta be rough for you! Check out our blog and if you guys are ever going to be down this way again let us know and we should do something!!!!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Yay!! Congratulations all around. And great job Mike on all the awards. He'll be a great officer...badly needed in the Army!

Karen K. said...

Congratulations. Very impressive. The miliatary ceremonies are very moving. I don't know what it is about the whole thing but it definitely makes me proud to be an American! Also, I noticed he's 'hatless' (beret-less?) when he's receiving his awards. Did he get a different one for being 2nd Lieutenant? I'm assuming that all the 'hat' rules apply in the Army as they do in the Air Force. (On outside, off inside?) Just curious. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the military.

Karen K. said...

Ok. I really can spell "m-i-l-i-t-a-r-y. I just try to type too fast.

Karen K. said...

Oh yeah...The girls look ADORABLE! That's why I kept checking your site. I wanted to see them in their matching berets. Ok. I think I'm really done now. :)

MC Boone said...

Congrats you guys! That is really awesome! Thank goodness we have good military families out there that are strong and sacrifice SO much to protect our way of life! Check out our blog if you get a chance: http://theboonieboones.blogspot.com

Lindsay Marchant said...

I love the family picture! You have such a cute family.