Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veterans Day festivities

First of all HAPPY VETERANS DAY!! Second I wanted to post something yesterday but I was way busy trying to get everything together for the little surprise party for Mike. Mike of course had to work but was atleast credited a day of leave for working, anyway I wanted him to feel special so I did what I could. I decorated and made a fantastic dinner, New York strip steak with jumbo shrimp, potatos with salad and cupcakes. I got him some golf shoes and a golf game with some other little things. It was kinda a mini birthday with a different meaning. I just wanted him to know how proud of him I am and that I appreciate everything he has done and is currently doing. He loves his job and everything that comes with it, He loves helping people and most importantly he love his family! He would do anything to protect us and I think this is one of the best things. Thank you Mike for all you do, you are my HERO! I know that sounds kinda corny but it's true. For everyone else who serves Thank You to you too, my husband needs good people to serve with!



The handsome Hubby


The decorations are lame, I tried




The cupcakes that Kadee dug into with a spoon before I could even get a picture



Washing Kadee off





THE CHALLENGE: we challenged Mike to put the whole cupcake in his mouth.... not that hard, he has a BIG mouth!
The Before shot



Middle shot


The mouth is full shot



He made it!!



I want to try that too!!





This was on sunday... she ate all the icing, don't worry it was only half full. that's better than all the way full



She's very proud of herself



Hmmmm I wonder who took these pics



We have a hunch that it might have been the 3 year old in the pictures



Yep we are pretty sure kadee was involved!



Happy cause she just ate dinner





Kloe is trying to climb the stairs already...... Help Me!




This is what I woke up to this morning. Cute little girl YES, but look at what she is wearing. How in the world did she get this on, it's even over her shoulder. Yes that is my bra, atleast it wasn't hooked in the back I would have been scared!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome Idea! You are such a cute wife! This is kinda random but at sea world before the Shamu show they ask anyone who had served or is serving in the armed forces to stand up. When my dad stood up it brought me to tears. I am so thankful for everything the soldiers do or us.

MC Boone said...

Wow, that is soooo cool of you to do that! I don't know if you know me, Mike and I went to the same high school, my name is Meghan (http://theboonieboones.blogspot.com). You are such an awesome wife to do all of that! Sincerely! I think it is great that you make an important day special for your family! I sure am thankful for those who serve our country so selflessly and for their families who endure SO much! Happy Veteran's Day to you and yours!

Unknown said...

You're such a cute military wife!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Nice! I'm digging Mike's blue smile. LOL! That rocks that you went all out for Veteran's Day. I did that last year and made a red, white and blue cheesecake and red, white and blue pancakes. This year Ryan had to be to work too early for me to get up and I wasn't creative enough to think of cupcakes. You rock!

Groovy Gardners said...

Your girls are so beautifull! I miss them. Kloe and Violet so need to play and crawl together.