Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kadee-ism

well this morning was a bust! Kadee had her first ambulance ride to the hospital. I got up this morning and started changing kloes diaper and come out to find my imodium ad bottle in the hallway on the floor opened. i look inside and see there arent very many left, i ask kadee did you eat these, kadee says yes. The bottle has 20 tablets ive eaten 4 and i count and there are only 9 left so that means Kadee has eaten 7 of them. thats more than 3 times what an adult is supposed to take. CRAP!! I call my mom to see if i should call poison control, i knew i should but i still asked. So i call poison control and tell her what happened and the lady comes back on telling me i need to call 911 immediately because she can go into cardiac arrest. im FREAKING out crying calling my mom, what am i supposed to do. i just moved here dont know anyone dont have a car, this is the worst day ever. I ran to my neighbors house and asked her to call 911 for me. she was so nice she ended up taking kloe for me while i was at the hospital, we didnt even know each others names. we do now and i owe her big time! Anyway the MP's (military police) come and then the ambulance and we take a ride to the hospital. she ended up having to drink an entire cup full of charcoal and then had to stay for another 4 hours for observation. Shes now going black diarrhea, probably one of the most disgusting things ive witnessed in my life, trust me you never want to have to see it! anyway shes fine but it sure did give me a scare. Mike is at the range this week so he doesnt have his phone, he still doesnt know anything happened. I know now I have awesome neighbors! This is the 3rd time ive called poison control because of kadee. The first time she drank mikes aftershave when she was 2 and that was straight alcohol yes she did get drunk. go kadee! I sure feel like mother of the year. Oh and by the way the MP's had to question me and take a sworn statement from me, i freakin felt like a criminal, that was also awesome, can my day get any worse, i will let you know!

8 comments:

The Simmons Bunch said...

What a crazy kid! I guess the excitmeent from Potty training is officially over. Sorry about the scare! I would have been a wreck if I was in your place! Luckily my boys don't seem to be as big a trouble makers as your girls. Maybe it's girl thing. I hope she gets feeling better soon!

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Holy moly! Crazy girl!!

I hate when they question you and make you feel like a criminal, as if you don't already feel bad enough as it is! Monica downed a bottle of Delsym Cough Syrup when we were both sick and I thought I closed it all the way. But no...

Glad Kadee is ok and the worst of it is black diarrhea! You're a champ!

Lacey said...

Glad that she is okay. Hope you have a better rest of the day and that your weekend is uneventful!

Millers! said...

Ok my gosh Jessica.. so sorry, glad Kadee is better though! The MPs are sooo annoying about that.. they had to do a sworn statement on me also, when Ashlynnes cart fell her.. long story..just annoying, that is the last thing on your mind when something is wrong with your child! I am so glad you have an awesome neighbor.. sorry you had to get introduced that way though..lol..good stories to tell!

Blair and Leslie said...

Wow, I am sorry you had to go through that. I can't even imagine what I would do in your place. That would be so scary. I am glad that Kadee is okay.

Daniel and Tiffany Ward said...

I'm sorry! I'm glad she's ok. Makyra has taken a percocet (we fished it out of her mouth but about half of it dissolved before we got to her) and she has drunk a menthol solution that we use in the humidifier. I hate calling poison control.

I'm glad you have good neighbors, that's awesome that they could help out.

(oh yeah, and I totally get you about mother of the year. I once locked Makyra in the car at the emergency room. Awesome!)

Unknown said...

Oh Jess...I am so sorry! What a scare for your family!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

So scary! I would've been freaking out. Especially not having a car or someone (initially) to watch Kloe. I'm glad Kadee is ok, though.